Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lord, I was born a ramblin' woman...

People are funny.  Random tidbits of conversations are even more funny.  You hear many random conversations being a teacher and a mom.  Sometimes I like to make up the rest of the conversation in my head, rather than ask what the heck they are talking about.  Here are some random tidbits of conversation I heard just today and how I imagine the rest of each of the conversations to unfold.

Random tidbit: The longer you go without drinking blood, the less of an effect it will have on you.
How the conversation must have continued:
"When was the last time you drank blood?" Tommy asked.
"Well, I wanted some for dinner last night," Billy began.  "But my mom said we had run out. I think she was just too lazy to cook it."
"That sucks, dude," Tommy replied.  "But just think, the next time you do drink blood, it will have a huge effect on you."
"I know. But, it's just not the same, you know? Sometimes I think it would be easier being a werewolf."

Random tidbit: I think the Prozac is making them taste bad.
How the conversation must have continued:
"That's not because of the Prozac; it's because you cooked them wrong.  How long did you let the water boil?" asked Sally.
"What? I didn't know you were supposed to let the water boil first," May said, looking as confused as one could possibly be over such a delicate subject.
"You mean... you thought you could cook acorns and pine needles without boiling the water first?" Sally asked incredulously.
"Umm... Yea, duh," May replied. "You just butter a pan and fry them up.  But, like I said, I'm pretty sure it was the Prozac that made them taste bad in the first place.  I thought I was supposed to crush them up and use them as a flavoring while I fried them."
"Oh... You're probably right," Sally replied. "Everyone knows that you add the Prozac in after, for that 'freshly happy' taste."

Random tidbit: That's not a referral; it's a tattoo.
How the conversation must have continued:
"It's a referral."
"Tattoo."
"Referral."
"Tattoo."
"Do you even know what 'tattoo' means?"
"Yea, it's when a teacher writes 'doofus' on your forehead and makes you spend your lunch in detention."
"Oh... Then it totally is a tattoo."

If I only had a brain...

No comments:

Post a Comment