Thursday, November 10, 2011

Streams of thought...

I came upon the idea of starting a blog when I realized how completely random streams of thought can be.  I've often thought that if people could hear or see what I am thinking most of the time, they would either think I am insane or a genius.  The first is most likely the case... but then again, being insane and a genius sometimes go hand in hand.

Don't misunderstand me.

My streams of thought today do not make me a genius.  They don't even put me in the ballpark of being of "above average" intelligence.  They merely illustrate what teaching a high school writing class where you watch students write essays for a week straight in complete silence without having a lunch break to recuperate (because some students cannot finish an on-demand, in-class only essay in seven full class periods, apparently) can do to one's psyche.

This is my madness.

How can she handle wearing two layers of pants? I can hardly handle wearing one layer of pants... Wait, why would I even think that? I always have at least one pair of bottoms of some variety on every day, and I've never thought man, I'd like to strip the bottom half of my clothing off right now...Evidently, I enjoy wearing one layer of pants. 


I wonder if Jenna Elfman is related to Danny Elfman.  I must find this out... now... Upon reading, Jenna Elfman IS related to Danny Elfman by marriage.  He is her uncle-in-law... But man, her husband is named Bodhi Elfman.  Is that pronounced "body" or "bo-dee"? Either way, interesting combination... Perhaps they were continuing the tradition of interesting name combinations with their own sons, naming them Story Elias Elfman and Easton Quinn Monroe Elfman... I want to be their child... Why am I even reading this again? Oh yea, my Danny sent me a video of this Danny singing. I shall watch it again.




Danny thinks I'm crazy.


I wonder how many Daniel's go by Danny.  If I had a name like Daniel or Robert or William, I would totally go by Danny or Bobby or Billy.  I'm just that cool.


Fortunately my mind was saved by my 6th period 10th grade college prep English class.  Today we had a discussion on ethical issues and religious choices to go along with To Kill a Mockingbird. But I'd be lying if I said my train of thought was always directly related to the discussion taking place.  Halfway through the class period, I say a student squirm and squint because of a fly... I wonder if they call that animal a fly because it flew by him.  But if that is the case, there wouldn't be very many names for different living beings; all birds and bugs that flew would be called "flies", and humans would be lumped in with the other "walks."  But this would REALLY simplify biology class and people need to memorize when it comes to species and families and genus and order and... the rest of that classification system... Wait... Religion... Back to teacher mode.


This is my madness.

1 comment: